RG Collectibles

Yu-Gi-Oh, Anime, Games, Collectibles, and much more fun!
It is currently 19 Aug 2018 19:46u

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: the death of Webshots
PostPosted: 04 Aug 2015 12:05u 
Founder

Ok, ik maakte er al een tijd niet echt gebruik van, maar je staat toch raar te kijken als je weer eens wat oude fotoalbums wilt opzoeken en er achter komt dat Webshots blijkbaar is overgenomen en er van alles en nog wat is gebeurd (foto's en accounts offline gehaald, hetzes vanuit de community, oplichterij door de nieuwe eigenaren, etc.).
Dus voor overige Webshots gebruikers, mocht je ook nog niet op de hoogte zijn, je accounts bestaan niet meer.
http://smilebywebshotssucks.com/webshots-no-more/
Quote:
On October 2, 2012 Webshots was purchased by Threefold Photos and rebranded as Smile by Webshots. On that day, without warning, Threefold Photos surreptitiously installed Smile on thousands of computers.

People were justifiably outraged. the software took over computers, removed access to photos, broke the url links to millions of photos posted on blogs and other websites. The Terms of Use were changed dramatically; premium members were paying for services that no longer existed. Consumers who needed help were ignored, those who voiced their disapproval on Smile’s Facebook page were told to get over it or blocked from commenting on the site.

Tellingly, Threefold Photos is actually suggesting people move to competitor’s photo sites. Why would they do this? I’ll expand upon this in future posts, but here’s a hint: Space ain’t just a place where the moon and the stars hang out.

Webshots shutdown made possible by Threefold Photos, Inc., Message Bus, True Ventures, Mike Sitrin, Narendra Rocherolle, Nick Wilder and Josh Fraser.

Er was ook een facebook groep in het leven geroepen: https://www.facebook.com/smilebywebshotsblows
En niet backuppen is natuurlijk niet slim, maar dit is toch wel pijnlijk:
Quote:
After several months I tried logging in to webshots only to find out my account is nonexistent. They supposedly sent out emails advising everyone but I never got any of them. I’m livid. I had saved thousands of photos over the years, many of which I don’t have backed up anywhere. I’ve lost all of my daughers’s baby pictures. All of them.

Ook nog een interessant artikel: http://www.buzzfeed.com/katienotopoulos ... .xcek7A3Pw

Is er dan niks veilig?! (webshots, myspace, hyves >_< )

Anime-Planet list